12 September 2007

Olive Drab

While I am generally a pacifist, I'm all for other nations developing their own unique weapons and techniques of war. Maybe I should say, rather, that I am not in favor of the bad-mouthing and policing that typically comes along with independent groups using whatever means they deem necessary in order to combat those viewed as oppressors. Where would the United States be if its founders had denounced "terrorism" and guerrilla warfare as invalid or unfair methods?

Enter the vacuum bomb, developed by the Russian military. Although it's described as "a vacuum device capable of emitting shockwaves as powerful as a nuclear weapon," and, within its blast radius, "all that is alive merely evaporates," Gen Alexander Rushkin, the Russian deputy chief of staff, has this to say: Despite its destructive qualities, the bomb is environmentally friendly. At least the Russian military is Green.

Maybe I'm more comfortable with guerrilla warfare...

1 comment:

John Kuttenberg said...

I am scared. Not only do I think I understand your logic, I tend to agree with it. ;)

Now if we could only be more successful with peaceful environmental technologies.